Friday, June 6, 2008

Life is Good...


AB and Olivia at the petting zoo.

Abe barked at the goats.

Notice the alligator swimming overhead.


Wow, what a week! I have been a little under the weather and tired, so I haven't updated on most of it.
Our neighbor and good friends are adopting a beautiful baby girl. She was born last Tuesday and it was supposed to be a pretty open and shut private adoption. Well, the hospital where she was delivered caused a bit of a stir and after a week of waiting, they brought her home this past Tuesday. They have 3 children (and one in heaven) so I got the call Tuesday to see if I could watch them while they picked the baby up. So I had 7 kids in all running around Tuesday afternoon. 4 of which were 3 and under - it was a little crazy but all went smoothly. Pray for this family and the birth family as the adoption is finalized through the next phases. (pics of the family are posted on weloveourlucy blog listed on the side of my page if you want to look at them)

Wednesday was pool time and church. Thursdays pics are on the blog, and today we went to the zoo. Nashville zoo is awesome!!! We saw the whole thing today. I was a little concerned about the heat, but the zoo's paths are mostly shaded so we stayed cool until the end. I did learn a little something about route planning. We ended our day going to "Africa" to see the elephants and giraffes. To reach that phase of the zoo you have to go uphill and it is NOT mostly shaded. Actually it is mostly not shaded. Pushing a double stroller in 90 degree heat in the sun was well, not the highlight of the trip - next time we will start here and then move toward the shady parts as the temperature rises. Everyone enjoyed the day, Abe was such a trooper and contently sat in the stroller the whole time (content and Abe don't necessarily belong in the same sentence).

We listened to Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus (I don't understand why there are two of them) on the way home, they know all the songs and sing very loud. It was then that I realized I know the words to most of the songs too. Comes with having an almost tween and I actually like the one called Let's Dance.

I have loved watching AB and Olivia this week. They do these hand games, put on performances, and have been so good. Last night as I was tucking them in, somehow college came up. I have visions of them staying friends forever and being roommates at Alabama (sorry David). Olivia asked me if they had to go to college and I quickly responded yes, of course you do. Anna Beth's response was, I am going to be a stay at home mom so why do I have to go to college? Rather than get into that discussion with an 8 year old I just had her name stay at home mom's she knew. Thankfully, about 90% are college graduates. They ended the conversation saying they were going to be roommates! I kissed them goodnight, they asked if they could whisper, I said yes as long as I can't hear you and I didn't until 8 this morning.

Life is good...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Olivia has grown up so much since I saw her last! They BOTH look so grown up...
My personal fav Miley Cyrus song is I've Got my eye on you...or whatever the name is...real techno like...
Todd couldn't believe that was the song playing on Radio Disney the other day...its not your momma's Disney music!!

Maybe one day you will blog about your wonderful family in Birmingham.