Monday, June 16, 2008

What a Week!!!

It's been a crazy week here in TN. Billy was sick for 3 days with fever/chills/headache. He is such a big help, so when he is sick I have to fly solo.

9 Years...

We celebrated our 9th anniversary Thursday. In 9 years we have moved 8 times, Billy has had 6 jobs, and we have welcomed 4 Ivey's into the world. That's just amazing to me. It seems like we have been together forever, but yet like it was only yesterday. I love him more today than 9 years ago.

Anna Beth had "her week" at my mom's last week. She went to a theatre camp and then performed as a servant in Sleeping Beauty twice on Saturday. I went to the afternoon show, and Billy caught the evening one. It was really amazing what they accomplished in a week!















My whole family was together for dinner on Saturday. One of my brothers has a little boy 6 months younger than Ben. They are so cute and really love each other. They do get a little wild when they are together, but its fun. My other brother has a 20 month old little boy, so we can't wait until he and Abe start really interacting and acting as wild as the other two.

Uncle Todd and the 1 year olds.

We ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant on Sunday (my dad's choice) and then rolled out a slip and slide and a filled up a pool for the kids. I sat on the deck and read a book while the kids played and all the dads watched golf all afternoon.

Big 4 year old buddies!

Happy Fathers Day Papa!

Happy Fathers Day Daddy!
Billy had a meeting today, so we went to see my grandmother and then race home for closing ceremonies for t-ball. I'll post some pics of that tomorrow. This is MC's week at Mimi's (she's actually coming home Wednesday) so all of them have had some one on one time with Mimi and Papa this summer. They LOVE being there. My parents live in a house my great grandfather built to be apartments in the 1940s. My moms sister and my mom's brother have houses built on the family property, which I lovingly refer to as the "compound." There is always a great aunt or ucle to spoil them, and more cousins and second cousins to play with than anyone could imagine. Its just fun to be there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anna is almost 9? OMG I am going to cry myself to sleep tonight. Where the heck did those years go..that means Todd and I have been together almost 8 years!!
what a pretty family and extended family you have!!