Sunday, November 9, 2008

Baby Boys First Haircut

I took Abe to get a haircut Thursday. When it was hot and humid outside, his hair would curl in the back and looked oh so cute. With a change in the weather and humidity level, Abe was looking more like he had a mullet. He's almost 2, so time to cut that precious baby hair.


Before the scissors.


We went to my parent's house to watch the Bama/LSU game (Roll Tide, barely, but Roll Tide) on Saturday. My dad has a TV set up on the porch of his garage. You can watch the game and watch the kids playing outside at the same time. The boys were playing in a sand pile left over from the patio they added while remodeling their house and Ben comes running to the deck stripping off his shirt.

Ben loves to be shirtless - and shoeless (It's in his blood, I mean, I am from small town Alabama). Even though I thought it was too cold, I obliged when Ben said he was sweaty. Not 2 seconds later cousin Matthew was bringing his shirt to us. About two minutes later here comes Abe...lifting his shirt up and saying "shirt, shirt." I guess the haircut was a rite of passage into boyhood. All three boys played in the sand shirtless.






For all keeping up with our foster situation, we had our first home visit from DHR on Tuesday. We were pleased to find out that our home is suitable for children. Good thing since 4 already live here! We have some minor things we have to do to pass the official visit early next year. Now, its on to mounds of paperwork, fingerprinting, background checks, and medical visits. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that haircut! I wish Mac could have played shirtless w/ his cousins!ha I played in our back yard with him yesterday in a dirt pile around one of our 2 trees...I'm a girly girl but am resigned to the fact that I have a little boy, and boys like dirt...and I LOVE my boy...SO...I can love dirt!!!

Kim said...

Sounds like you are making progress. I know it feels painfully slow. I am praying for you all! Blessings, Kim

Kristi J said...

i'm going to get george's first haircut this week sometime...so sad...I can't believe he's getting so big...loved your story..wait till they see you with 5 kiddos, (:
love all the pics, kristi