Thursday, August 20, 2009

I had to take Ben to find some new shorts at the mall tonight. It seems that his collection of appropriate school attire was not as complete at I thought. Here's what I learned.

1) You can not walk leisurely through the mall without being attacked by someone working a kiosk who wants to curl your hair, apply some magic product to your face, or pluck your eyebrows with a string.

2) As impossible as it is to avoid the sales associates in the kiosks, it is equally impossible to find one in a store where you actually want to buy something.

3) The selection of shorts in stores in August is minimal.

As we were heading up the escalator, Ben gets this frightened look on his face, grabs my hand, and tries to stear me to the opposite side of the mall. He was seriously trying to avoid something.
Totally expecting some crazy kiosk person coming toward us with a product we MUST try, I look to my left to see the Auburn store. Ben was ready to get as far away from it as possible. Hmmm, I wonder why he acts this way? I might have made all my kids hold their nose on the way to the beach as we drove through Auburn once. Why? Because Auburn stinks.
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6


2 comments:

Jason Sears said...

Umm, wow?

Anonymous said...

Right on!!! RTR!