Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mother of the Year

Another summer is over, and we've started school. I sent my second born off to Kindergarten this year. I really don't know where the last 5, almost 6, years has gone.


Ben and Mrs. Miles


Anna Beth and Mrs. Morelli


The first day of school!

Last year, we moved int0 our house and started school about 10 days later. It was a nightmare. My kitchen wasn't unpacked, due to the roaches that were threatening a takeover. Billy was working here and in Nashville. I was trying to make 2400 square foot of stuff fit into 1400, I mean 1397 square feet. And the move was....TEMPORARY. Boxes that we could do without, or stuff that didn't fit was left unpacked because we were surely going to be back in Tennessee in about 9 months.

All that to say I started out the year unsettled, and it set the tone. I was that mom. The one who forgets to sign the daily homework agenda. The one who doesn't send in permission slips or field trip money until I got the nice little e-mail reminder from the teacher the day before said trip. (It's not that I didn't look at the stuff, it would either get buried in the pile of stuff on the counter, or I would just forget.) I don't even think I ever sent in party money - I'm sure I got talked about for that one!

This year is going to be different. I am stopping everything at 3 to sign, fill out, take care of whatever needs to be done for the kids for school the next day. Snacks are packed and lunch menus set the night before. I am getting up earlier to avoid morning mahem. So far so good. Setting the tone for success.

Ben came home today and said something about his "I am" project. The project that is due September 18 - or might have been due today (August 18). First assignment of "big school" and its late. Lovely.
Mother of the Year. That's me.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Ben's pose in the background of Anna Beth's picture :)
~Terri