Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our Week...

Monday - a rainy day when my kids watched too much TV until AB got home and we went to swim practice.


Tuesday - Dropped the 2 middle ones off to school, went to bible study, picked up the middle ones, AB came home from school. Then it got interesting. She had no homework and Billy was out of town. Ben has soccer practice on Tuesday evenings, and on this particular one AB had open house at school. I cooked and fed everyone dinner and off we went. Almost immediately after practice started MC announces that she has to go the the bathroom. The only bathrooms at practice are port-o-potties. I hate them. They make me gag. I strapped Abe in the stroller and had AB sit in the back and told them not to get out, I would be back momentarily. The potty had been cleaned recently, so it wasn't that bad, but I wanted MC out fast. So fast that I scooped her up and out the door without her panties pulled up, with her bootie shining at the other people close by while I got her put back together. Then, I realized I was out of hand sanitizer (of course). I get back to AB and Abe and release them from the stroller. I learned from the first week to take a ball for Abe to play with. He was happily playing when he comes over to me saying "Ugh" and pointing to his arm. He had spit up all over his arm and clothes. Of course they had eaten spinach for dinner, so it was all over him and smelled aweful. I didn't have a change for him in his bag (of course) and we had to go to open house. I wiped him up the best I could with baby wipes and decided he would be confined to the stroller at the school. Race Ben off the field after practice and go to open house, where AB shows us what she does all day. We then had to go visit her old kindergarten teacher and my kids start screaming in the hall. Not because they are unhappy, just because its fun to be as loud as you can in the hallway. Why are echoes so fun to those under 5? Home and in bed around 9 - and the kitchen is not clean yet.


Wed. - School for EVERYONE, I come home and clean. I pick Abe up early for a check up. Pick the middle 2 up home, quickie naps and AB off to swim team.


Thurs. - Daddy's home!!!


Friday - Clean house, Mimi with the fish (my kids call both their grandmothers Mimi thanks to AB and we decipher which one by what pet they have) and Papa come and off to Ben's birthday party at Pump It Up.


Saturday - AB has her first swim meet, Ben has his first soccer game - at the same time. The girls go swim and the boys play soccer. Ben scored 5 goals (but we don't keep score in his league yet). Anna Beth swam in one event.


Sunday - 2nd day of the swim meet. AB swam in 3 events. Home, lunch, naps, and off to church for Sunday night stuff.


3 comments:

The Hebert Family said...

I love your new blog look, very cool. It sounds like you are staying way too busy. You all need to come see us soon. Angie

Heather said...

Wow! I'm tired just reading about your last week! Love your blog! So feel your pain with 4 kids and a traveling man. Cord and I are enjoying getting to know you and Billy. We'll have to get our crews together sometime! Look forward to catching up Sunday night!
Heather Sachs

Anonymous said...

miss you friend but looks like you have no time to miss me! :-) Press on! love, holly