Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Here we are!

All is well at the Ivey home. I am enjoying the ever crazy life of a mom of 4. We never slow down, but I love it.

Ben plays soccer in a league where the focus is on playing not winning. Cheering has to be super PC and no one keeps score...except Ben. Last week after every goal he would look at us and flash his fingers to reflect how many goals had been scored. Parents would get major repremanding for this. I wonder - Can a kid get kicked out of the league for being competitive? I survived my sweet boy turning 5 last week, and he survived his shots. Daddy is still recovering - I made him go. Not because I am a sissy, but because I am a weak woman and couldn't have held Ben still.






MC has always been the sweet, compliant one of the bunch. As I am going through her backpack today, I notice she didn't color any, not one page, of the letter book. When I asked her about it her response was "I didn't want to." Oh my! She is absolutely the last one I thought would utter these words. I hope its not a sign of things to come! We went to the zoo last week with her preschool class. I didn't realize how little we do with just her until she asked - more than once - on our drive over where Ben and Abe were. Her favorite animal is the "bgiraffe." Don't have a clue why she puts a b in front of that word.






AB is looking forward to getting her first report card with actual grades on it - not S's. It should come home on Friday and she is anticipating all A's.

Abe is just Abe. He is either happy or he is not. No in between. He has developed an affection for a certain purple dinosaur. If the TV is on - then Barney should be on it. I am OVER Barney right now (and kids shows don't normally drive me up the wall).

No comments: