Sunday, October 5, 2008

Has Anyone Seen My Cell Phone?

Friday was a crazy mom day for me. Billy was out of town and wouldn't be returning until 5 pm. I had carpool duty to swim team practice, Ben had a soccer game, and we had dinner plans with our life group from church. Nothing in the schedule overlapped, but I knew I had to be strategic in my planning to get everywhere we needed to be on time. I was showered, dressed and ready to go out , and had Ben in uniform when I woke the babies up so we could go to pick AB and friend up at school for practice.

I picked them up, dropped them off at practice and then went to the grocery store to get a few things - mainly milk. Then to McDonalds to feed the 3 youngest an early dinner, since the soccer game was right at dinner time. I was like a drill sargeant telling them to eat, eat, eat so I could then get food for AB and pick her up. I remember seeing my cell phone on the tray as I was clearing it into the trash. I recall getting it off the tray, surely I wouldn't have thrown it away - after all I SAW IT ON THE TRAY. I got AB's food, loaded us into the car and off we went to pick up the big girls. Here is where my precise planning goes awry and I get frazzled. I need to call Billy and tell him where I am, what the plan is etc. (He had called me while in the grocery store and I quickly cut him off telling him I was on a tight schedule and would call him later.) No cell phone. Can't find it anywhere. I pick up the girls and race back to McDonald's where the guy at the counter says he hasn't seen one. I've lost 15 minutes. We drop the friend off, and get home as Billy is pulling out of the driveway. He gets into the car with us and off we go.

The game was great and Ben scored 2 goals (not that we're keeping score). Game over, rush the kids back in the car. My babysitter was waiting for us in the driveway. I had left the door unlocked in case we ran late, but didn't have her number to call and tell her because...I lost my cell phone. Toss the kids to her and go to eat Mexican with our LIFE group at church. I had to reprogram on the way over. Decompress from the adrenalin of running here and there, watching the clock, and did I mention I lost my cell phone?

We had a great time laughing, enjoying each other and getting to know each other better. It's such a great group that we kind of fell into and love the fellowship, support and prayers they are giving. It's amazing how quickly you feel comfortable sharing "life" with some people after only a short time. We are looking forward to getting to know each of them even better over the next year!

On Saturday, we went to cousin Mac's 2nd birthday party at a local children's gym. Fun was had by all. One of the best things about being back in Alabama is getting to share birthday's with all our cousins on my side of the family. The pictures from the party are in the next post (I use picasa and it will only blog 4 pics at a time, and I am too lazy to move them to a new folder so I can post more at a time)

Saturday afternoon was full of the kids playing with friends, and football. Roll Tide and Go 'Dores!

Have a wonderful week!








Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.