Friday, October 10, 2008

Update on the baby...

Court didn't quite go as all wanted it to on Thursday. Paperwork has been filed with DHR (children's services) here, but we haven't heard from them. We need a home study and background check from them in order to proceed with fostering this sweet baby.

The baby has been moved into foster care - its what the mother wanted, but not what his advocate or social worker felt was the best situation. All I am going to say about that is the couple is not what I call a traditional family. I pray that they will love and care for him in a real way, even though I don't agree with their lifestyle.

Please pray that "the system" works fast - they tell me it could take as long as 6 months. I am going to try to pull strings on this end. If you have any connections at DHR in Jefferson County, please let me know.

Thanks for praying with us! Have a blessed weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying God will protect and provide for HIS child. Praying that He will help this part of your life happen fast and trouble free. I am so sorry. Press on Mama. love, holly

Heather said...

Praying for this sweet baby! That God would expedite the process and have precious Quinn just where he needs to be...in loving arms. We are so honored to pray and watch this beautiful story unfold in your lives. Keep trusting!
Heather