Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Kids and Sex and the City

Ok, so I haven't been a good blogger. My camera is broken, and I know all 2 of you want pictures, so I haven't been posting. Hopefully I can get a new camera soon and be up and rolling again.

So, I took my kids to see the new Disney movie WALL-e. Met Billy for dinner last night, he took Abe and the rest of us, plus one friend went to the movies. We got in, settled into our seats and the previews began. I was a little horrified when the new Batman preview started (its kind of scary to little girls), followed by the Mummy, and another scary preview. At this point I am very upset. The theatre was filled with small children to see a G movie about a robot. The following two previews were a bit tamer, but definately not geared toward children. At this point I am writing letters to Disney, while still confused about why they would be marketing these movies to child audiences. Disney is supposed to be the king of marketing right? Well, finally the feature presentation screen comes up and I excitedly tell my kids...Here is comes! Well, low and behold they put the wrong reel on...there in front of a room full of children comes Sex and the City.

I was relieved that Disney is not that stupid, upset that these kids watched horrifying previews, and laughing about the mix-up at the same time. As we exited the theatre we were handed free movie passes for the next visit. Thankfully no one had nightmares at my house last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we need your cell wild woman! How are you? holly tims

Danielle said...

Disturbing...yet hilarious (sounds like a good description for life, does it not).

Okay, enough stalking. It's been a nice visit.