Tuesday, August 19, 2008





Today was MC and Ben's first day of preschool. Ben got up, got dressed and was ready to go. Merrie Cannon and I had a small battle over clothes. She wanted to wear her ballerina outfit that she is wearing in the last picture(not exactly good attire when a 3 year old needs to potty). We compromised and she wore her ballerina skirt over her sweet dress.When I picked them up, MC would not stop talking about all that she had done. Ben was more reserved, but had a good day. As of late, Ben's response to my attempts to have discussion with him is a food. Something like this...

Me: Ben did you have a good day today?
Ben: Yes.
Me: Did you make any new friends?
Ben: Yes.
Me: Do you remember their names?
Ben: Chicken Nuggets. (sly grin)
Me: Really Ben, what were their names?
Ben: Pineapple. (laughter)

Boys!

Anna Beth loves school, but still dislikes homework. Afternoons are a challenge trying to get her to stay focused and get it done so she can play before dinner.

The roaches are getting under control. I am still seeing them, but I don't fear they are going to band together and carry away my fine china anymore. We have had a few more surprises. Every week we discover some new "thing" going on with the house.

Week 1) Roaches
Week 2) Toilets were stopping up a lot (a good plunger took care of it)
Week3) I noticed the wallpaper under the window in the kitchen was bubbling. Peeled it back...know that whoever put the horrendous wallpaper in the kitchen didn't prime the walls, so its almost impossible to remove without tearing up the drywall, so just the mere fact that I could peel it back easily made me cringe at what I was to find. Water damage and....mold. Great. We have to tackle that project and just pray it is only the small area we see.
Week4) Today I go to open the door for our neighbors little girl to come in, and guess what? THE DOORKNOB CAME OFF IN MY HAND!

I mean come on, can we not go 1 week without anything happening. Home ownership is soooo overrated!

***I forgot to mention that somewhere between week 1 and 2, our bed broke while trying to move it from one wall to another. We are currently sleeping on mattresses on the floor.




2 comments:

The Hebert Family said...

I love seeing the pictures of the kids, I miss you guys. Madison misses Anna Beth a lot. I hope your house problems get better soon. Angie

Anonymous said...

I love, love , love reading this. Your family brings a smile to my face everytime. If you two want a date night out, call me!
Allison